Monday, March 21 [
8:29 AM ]
The Day that shook the World in Horror...
then more bad news surfaced after...
Just as I was prepping my next entry with happy photos before I publish them, news came online in all my social network that a 8.4 multitude just hit Jipun.
Literally, twitters, FB status and MSN messages blinking, from my iMac to my iPhone went into information overload frenzy. I thought it was April's Fool day came early, until I went to switch the tv on, and CNN's latest news alert bar flashing across the screen.
The next few hours were videos played over and over again on the 9.0 multitude (corrected by the next updated news flash) of the earthquake and the unexpected tsunami washing across the prefectures close to the shorelines... And there we sat... in front of the tv awed by the force of nature's destruction...
The next few days were spent watching all the news channels, for 1 hr immediately I wokeup and 2 hrs before I go to bed. Days just got more and more depress, as scenes of devastations and the threats of nuclear contamination keeps playing over and over. And for each day passes by, more and more bad news just keeps arriving from the tube-box and the twitters from my iPhone.
We maybe living in a little island safe from natural destructions and riots (I've to say, though some of our laws passed by our government are insanely ridiculous, you have to admit that we're relatively safe and well shield compared to other parts of the world. And for that I'm grateful for, especially after I came back from Perth.), somehow, at the thought that it may happen to us on our little island do draw fears in many of us.
Why? Simple... we
are living on a tiny island!
One big earthquake, our HDB housing will crumble.
One tsunami flood, our island will definitely go under.
One nuclear leak, our people will died.
One atomic bomb, our country wiped out on earth.
Too pessimistic you say?
Well... I can't help it.
I just can't stop my mind wandering these things.
And it scares me that my households are not prepared in any situations arise.
Then again, we are one lucky bunch of fucktards whom too bliss in our little world.
On a lighter note, after days of depressing mode absorbed from media over exposed and probably over the top of real situations in Japan right now, it joys my heart to know that there are feline and canine survivors (which I feared most of) and my little Japanese dream paradise is still intact and that the little island's human and feline occupants are all safe and accounted for.
For those who didn't know of its existence, behold...
Tashirojima, also known as Cat Island of Japan. A dream paradise that I wished to uproot and move there if possible! (
Link 1 Link 2)
I know... I'm a silly girl who worries more for the cats and dogs than humans. But my logic is simple. Humans are knowledgable and can run for their lives faster. They
can handle themselves well and survive. But for our four-legged friends, though lead by their instincts, could lose their lives for being too loyal, very dependent on their owners and may unable to escape in time.
Imagine, we have arms, hands and fingers to hang on for our dear lives. Cats and dogs can't hang on if swept away by the flood. Domesticated or not, animals are the most neglected and quiet victims of any disasters.
Anyway, I'm taken aback how information were quickly passed on online which resulted in finding lost people and how detailed information streaming out of Japan. For a country prized for their technology, Japan is definitely not as closed as they used to be, nor as how others have regard them to be. May god show mercy and save as many survivors whom still trapped, and please do still pray for Japan as much as I do.