Wednesday, January 30 [
1:25 AM ]
Kitty Pro-shots 101
I love photography.
In my Lasalle & Curtin days, I scored highest in the subject than any other. I enjoyed the process, especially producing my own photos in the dark room, the old-fashion way...
However, I'm a pretty lazy person and has a failing memory, I tend to prefer idiot-proof cameras (like my Sony Cybershot digicam), or anything that allows me to do quick snapshots in split seconds, without being too technical.
Over the years, I've experimented from
sceneries/architectures to
products to
portraits to
animals to
food shots. Animal photography is the most challenging, as your time frame to shoot the hyper/tense bugger is only within that second or two. And they have only 1 second worth of attention span!
I bet by now, everyone knows my annoying habit of taking shots of the food the moment it's being served, not allowing anyone to touch it until I'm done, leaving everyone even more hungrier! LOL
After coming back to Singapore from Curtin, I lost touched with the art. Mainly, I'm not required to use any SLRs nor Digital SLRs in my transfered units, and especially in my work. But in mids of planning our wedding, we have rekindle our passions in Photography.
These 2 nights, I finally got down to refresh my skills with James' new toy. Our poor cats been chased and pestered by me with the big lens, inches away from their face.
So here goes...

The Neurotic cat: JUDY
70 mm, ISO 400, 1/41 sec, F2.8

The stomach ruling the mind cat: JOEY
45 mm, ISO 400, 1/8 sec, F2.8

The Motherly cat: SWEETIE
50 mm, ISO 400, 1/12 sec, F2.8

The Gentle Giant: LEFTIE
42 mm, ISO 400, 1/6 sec, F2.8

The Baby of the house: WHISKERS
30 mm, ISO 400, 1/16 sec, F2.8
As you can see, I'm still pretty rusty.
These pictures have been edited with only minimal auto level/contrast/color balance in Photoshop 6.0, on my trusty 6 years-old Titanium Powerbook.
Any comments will be appreciated :)
I need critics to improve too...